Partners in Progress: Innovating to Improve and Increase Male Engagement in Family Planning
To promote male engagement (ME) in family planning in Cote d'Ivoire and Burkina Faso, the Transform/PHARE project developed and piloted innovative approaches, including a Human Centered Design (HCD) project in Côte d'Ivoire focusing on men in the informal employment sector and an innovation lab in Burkina Faso aimed at increasing ME in FP.
These activities were designed to explore and address men and boys as users of contraceptive methods, supportive partners of FP use, decision makers, social influencers, and agents of change. The project piloted ME in FP approaches in order to increase modern contraceptive use, promote shared decision making between couples, stimulate conversations about the negative impacts of rigid gender roles, and actively address gender inequalities.
This "SPARK" page describes the project methodologies, explains how they were carried out, and includes evalution data.
More Transform/PHARE resources
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Plan Stratégique National de Plaidoyer en matière de lutte contre le Paludisme (PSNPP) en Côte d'Ivoire 2018-2023
- Men as More than Partners: Increasing Men’s Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health Products and Services through SBCC
- Essential Considerations for Engaging Men and Boys for Improved Family Planning Outcomes
- HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming: Innovative Approaches to Integrated Service Delivery
- Reaching First-Time Parents and Young Married Women for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies in Burkina Faso
- FGM Infographics
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Indicators Database: Male Engagement in Reproductive Health Programs
- Promoting Health – Adjusting the Reproductive Environment
- Guide d'utilisation du kit PBCC
- Transform/PHARE activités brise-glace pour atelier de communication- Workshop Ice-breaker Activities
- Analyse de la demande nationale de la planification familiale pour la Côte d’Ivoire/ National demand analysis of FP in Côte d’Ivoire
- Academie de l'artisanat- Implication des filles non scolarisées avec design centré sur l'humain au Bénin/ Académie de l'artisanat- Targeting Out of School Girls with HCD in Benin