Family Planning Questionnaire
This questionnaire was developed as part of a wider program to use advanced audience segmentation (AAS) techniques in order to properly direct family planning (FP) messages to specific audiences.
After the initial AAS work was carried out, and the team learned more about the contraceptive needs of men and women, stakeholders wanted to see how this information could be used to improve family planning counseling sessions.
In 2014-2015, the Hewlett Foundation, Nigerien Ministry of Health, and Camber Collective came together with Pathfinder International’s Animas Sutura project to use the Nigerien segmentation results to develop and pilot a series of rapid assessment tools for community health workers who conduct household visits in health centers in Maradi and Tillabéri, Niger.
More Advanced Audience Segmentation resources
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Essential Considerations for Engaging Men and Boys for Improved Family Planning Outcomes
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Men as Contraceptive Users and Family Planning Clients
- HTSP Project Briefs: Niger, Togo
- Engaging Men and Boys in Family Planning: A Strategic Planning Guide
- Engaging Men and Boys: A Brief Summary of UNFPA Experience and Lessons Learned