GREAT Activity Cards: Older Adolescents
The Gender Roles, Equality and Transformations (GREAT) Project works to improve gender equity and reproductive health in Northern Uganda. GREAT uses radio drama, community mobilization, and small group discussions to promote dialogue and reflection among adolescents, with the goal of facilitating the formation of gender equitable norms and the adoption of attitudes and behaviors that may positively influence health outcomes among boys and girls, aged 10 to 29.
There are three sets of activity cards: one for girls and boys 10 to 14 years of age, one for young men and young women 15 to 19 years of age, and one for newly married and parenting young people from 15 to 19 years of age. Each activity card is meant to be used on its own to stimulate a fun group activity that includes a discussion on equality, reproductive health and safety from violence. A set of fact cards are included for reference.
This set of activity cards covers topics such as contraceptives, sexual decision making, healthy relationships, staying safe, problem solving, and planning for the future.
- Girl Safety Toolkit: A Resource for Practitioners
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- GESI Toolkit
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Bringing the Community Together to Plan for Disease Outbreaks and Other Emergencies
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit