ForwardUK - Videos about FGM
ForwardUK works in the UK, Europe and Africa to safeguard girls at risk of FGM and support women affected. They do this through direct community engagement, advocacy and strategic partnerships. These videos were produced as part of ForwardUK's projects:
The True Story of Ghati and Rhobi: A five minute animated film aimed at raising awareness of female genital mutilation (FGM). It tells the inspirational story of two girls (Ghati and Rhobi) resisting their community’s practice of FGM. They show courage by saying no to a practice that they heard would be painful and that some girls die from. With the help of community elders, they change the way their community treats a girl’s transition into womanhood by ending the practice.
My Body My Rules (2015): FGM Animation: A three minute animated film aimed at raising awareness of female genital mutilation (FGM) amongst primary school aged children in the UK.
Break with Tradition, End FGM: The pain of being cut and the trauma of having something stolen from you - female genital mutilation (FGM) affects 140 million women worldwide. In this video the viewers meet young women dealing with having been cut.
- Toolkit for Engaging Midwives in the Global Campaign to End FGM
- Fact Sheet on FGM
- Health Risks of FGM
- Behavior Change to End FGM
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Do Your Own Survey: How to Collect Data on FGM
- WHO Guidelines on the Management of Health Complications from Female Genital Mutilation
- Responding to Female Genital Mutilation: A Guide for Key Professionals
- Manual on Social Norms and Change
- Female Genital Mutilation and Behaviour Change