Aiisseee! (I Say!) Radio Game Show
Aiisseee! is an innovative interactive multifaceted health campaign in Tanzania. It is delivered through a fun interactive couples' radio game show airing every Sunday, social media momentum, video, a game application to play and a planned TV program.
The 30-minute radio program is hosted by Tanzania’s top male and female radio personalities. Three couples—engaged, married or dating—participate in the question and answer format. In a series of three rounds, couples are asked questions that reveal how well they communicate, the transparency of their relationship, and how attentive they are to each other as partners, with the goal of winning a romantic getaway for two. Studio rounds are interspersed with relationship sound bites from men and women on the street.
The subtle yet provocative approach creates a comfortable space within which to address hard-to-discuss issues in a humorous and round-about way, thereby acting as a platform for conversations about more sensitive topics like sexual networks, HIV counseling and testing, and family planning.
Season One of Aiisseee! launched on Clouds FM in January 2014 and Season Two is planned for August 2014. Aiisseee! has a growing social media presence, including a Facebook app that allows couples to play each other at home or on the go.
More TCCP - Aiisseee! (I Say!) (Tanzania) resources
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Creative Concept Mockup Example
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- GESI Toolkit