Urban Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health SBCC I-Kit
The I-Kit is designed to help program managers design and implement sound social and behavior change communication (SBCC) sexual and reproductive health (SRH) programs for 10 to 19 year-olds living in urban areas.
While the I-Kit was written with the vast Sub-Saharan Africa context in mind, it is meant to be adaptable according to any country, city and project.
The I-Kit highlights seven “Essential Elements” of SRH SBCC programs for urban adolescents, and guides users through each Element with explanatory text, interactive worksheets and activities, and engaging visuals. The I-Kit also provides definitions of SRH, SBCC and adolescence as a life stage to clearly orient users to the I-Kit’s content, and presents a fictional cast of characters in an imagined city to help demonstrate the I-Kit’s principles.
The French version of the kit is available here.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Facilitation Tips, Games, Energizers
- Effective Communications: Participant Handbook
- How-To Guide for a Social Network Diffusion Intervention to Overcome Social Barriers to Family Planning
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Common Facilitation Techniques
- Social Marketing: Leveraging the Private Sector to Improve Contraceptive Access, Choice, and Use
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan Template
- Girls at Risk: Discussion Tool
- IPC Training Aid Video and User's Manual
- GREAT Scalable Toolkit
- Go Teachers! Creating a Safe and Supportive Environment for Girls at School: A Training Manual for School Personnel and Teachers
- Go Students! School-Based Life Skills for Girls and Boys: A Teacher's Manual
March 25, 2019