PAHO Urges Countries to Maintain Vaccination during COVID-19 Pandemic
The WHO has stated that countries must strengthen vaccination against seasonal influenza and measles to prevent respiratory illness and vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Vaccinating to prevent serious respiratory illness from flu and stop measles outbreaks is key to protecting people while helping health systems focus on the response to COVID-19. Some 17 countries in the Americas have reported they are using the Vaccination Week in the Americas platform to vaccinate against influenza, and other 17 plan to vaccinate against measles.
- PAHO urges countries to maintain vaccination during COVID-19 pandemic
- Framework for Decision-making: Implementation of Mass Vaccination Campaigns in the Context of COVID-19
- Measures to Ensure the Continuity of the Response to Malaria in the Americas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Report of the Systematic Review on the Effect of Household Crowding on Health
- Talking to Children about Illness and Death of a Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Interpersonal Communication for Immunization (IPC-I)
- Preventing Violence Against Women During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Vaccine Confidence: A Global Analysis Exploring Volatility, Polarization, and Trust
- Stigma during the COVID-19 pandemic
July 21, 2020