Safe Motherhood Program Posters
The Nepal Family Health Program (NFHP-I) was a six-year (2002-2007) bilateral activity of United States Agency for International Development, Nepal (USAID/N) with the Government of Nepal. Its overall goal was to support the Government’s long-term goal of reducing fertility and under-five mortality within the context of the National Health Policy and Second Long-Term Health Plan 1997-2017.
These posters were part of the Safe Motherhood Program activity of NFHP, promoting Skilled Birth Attendants and Birth Preparedness and Complication Readiness. They were distributed to all the health facilities of 17 CPDs and also to the NGOs and CBOs of the CB-MNCH district for wider use.
In adddition, the program produced a job aid for health workers on management of the third stage of labor and on family planning counseling and disseminated to all health facilities, PHCCs and Hospitals of 17 Core Program Districts through National Health Education Information and Communication Center (NHEICC) by its partners.
Feedback from the field indicated that the materials had been very effective in filling a major gap for district lever service providers, helping them to better explain about the health messages to a women and their families.
The materials were also being used by the other stakeholders involved in the safe motherhood such as GTZ, SSMP in their respective districts.
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Men's Health Kit
- GESI Toolkit
- Maternal Newborn Child Health- Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Suaahara Health Facility Operation and Management Committee Capacity Building Training and Operation Guidelines
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- The Infection Control Symbol Package
- Senegal Malaria Communication Strategy 2016-2020