GREAT Activity Cards: Very Young Adolescents
The Gender Roles, Equality and Transformations (GREAT) Project works to improve gender equity and reproductive health in Northern Uganda. GREAT uses radio drama, community mobilization, and small group discussions to promote dialogue and reflection among adolescents, with the goal of facilitating the formation of gender equitable norms and the adoption of attitudes and behaviors that may positively influence health outcomes among boys and girls, aged 10 to 29.
There are three sets of activity cards: one set of cards for girls and boys 10 to 14 years of age, one set for young men and young women 15 to 19 years of age, and one set for newly married and parenting young people from 15 to 19 years of age. Each activity card is meant to be used on its own to stimulate a fun group activity that includes a discussion on equality, reproductive health, and safety from violence. A set of fact cards are included for reference. The activity cards for this age group, 10-14 years, cover the following issues: hygiene and sanitation, staying in school, bullying, solving problems, growing up, male and female roles, changes in our bodies as we grow up, talking to family members, and talking to health workers.
- GESI Toolkit
- Small Doable Actions: A Feasible Approach to Behavior Change
- The Behavior Change Framework
- Behavior-Centered Approaches to Improve Health Outcomes
- The Infection Control Symbol Package
- Barrier Analysis Questionnaires
- Global Handwashing Day 2015 Social Media Toolkit
- WASH FIT / WASH FIT Mobile
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene: 10 Reasons WASH is a Pathway to Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and Girls
- What Really Influences our Behaviours?