Future is Worth Planning TV Spot
This TV spot is from the Healthy Women of Ukraine (HWUP) program. The goal of HWUP, which runs from 2011-2016, is to protect the reproductive health of Ukrainian women and couples by increasing the appropriate and effective use of modern methods of contraception as an alternative to unintended pregnancy and associated abortion. HWUP was a follow-on project to an earlier program, Together for Health, which ran from from 2006-2011.
Evaluation of the project thus far shows the following;
- 7.8 million Ukrainians have been reached with the program's messages
- More than 25,000 people, mainly youth, have participated in FP/RH education sessions
- 87% of education session participants plan to use modern family planning methods in the future
- The number of access points for family planning and reproductive services has increased more than 300% in HWUP partner oblasts
- More than 2,600 health care providers have been trained in modern family planning approaches and counseling
In the TV spot, a young man's parents visit him and find him with a young woman. The father reminds the son that he has a future ahead of him and the son responds that "the future is worth planning" and shows his father the condom he carries.
More Healthy Women of Ukraine Program (HWUP) resources
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- What is Human-Centered Design?
- Population Health Environment Indicators
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Setting Up A Hotline
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy