Awareness of COVID-19 for Industrial Workers
After Corona was declared as a pandemic by WHO, multiple government agencies, development agencies, and departments needed technically accurate materials for their relevant contexts. Department for Labor and Human Resource, Government of Punjab needed something immediate for industrial workers in large scale manufacturing settings particularly the textile sector which alone employs millions of workers.
This is where an animation video was developed on two animated characters. These two characters were developed for a project called "Communicating the Seven Golden Principles of Vision Zero", which was a legacy of the collaboration between Center for Communication Programs Pakistan and Labor Standards Programme.
Vision Zero is a global industrial principle that stands for zero accidents at the workplace. Center for Communication Programs Pakistan was facilitating the Labor Standards Programme, funded by the German International Development Agency, GIZ Pakistan in the development of educational materials about the 7 golden rules of vision zero. The education materials also included animation videos that were developed on the foundations of entertainment education, whereas the development process included the Human-Centered Design Approach. The output was a series of 7 videos, with two brand ambassadors, Biloo and Dhiloo (names of the characters), one of whom was the voice of reason whereas the other was the transitional character who used to gradually adopt the desired behavior. These two brand ambassadors became the face of the Labor and Human Resource Department of the Government of Punjab for communicating essential health and occupational safety messages to the industrial workers in the province of Punjab.
This video was developed in a record time of about a week because all essential design and conceptual guidelines were already in place which was a key learning for development of materials in emergencies and epidemics.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- FGM Infographics
- Physical Distancing, Face Masks, and Eye Protection for Prevention of COVID-19
- Advice on the Use of Masks in the Context of COVID-19
- Social Service Workforce Safety and Wellbeing during the COVID-19 Response- Recommended Actions
- COVID-19 Behavior Tracker
- Covid 19: Insights on Face Mask Use Global Review
- Toolkit to Spread Awareness and Take Action on COVID-19
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic Resources on Coronavirus and Disability