Tackling the Taboo: Sexuality and Gender-Transformative Programmes to End Chlld, Early, and Forced Marriage and Unions
This report focuses on the need to address patriarchal control of adolescent girls’ sexuality in the fight against child, early and forced marriage and unions, and highlights the vital role played by gender-transformative programs. The report presents findings from a review of 23 organizations that work at the intersection of child marriage and sexuality, and includes three case studies that feature the work of grassroots organizations working in politically and culturally conservative contexts.
Tackling the Taboo is intended as a learning tool for practitioners, a guide for future research opportunities, a call to action for funders, and an advocacy tool for engaging in dialogue with policymakers and leaders.
- COVID-19 and Child, Early, and Forced Marriage: An Agenda for Action
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Child, Early, and Forced Marriage Resource Guide
- The Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About Child Marriage
- Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
- Girl-Centered Program Design: A Toolkit to Develop, Strengthen and Expand Adolescent Girls Programs
- Child Marriage Facts and Figures
- Child Marriage Factsheets
- Child Marriage Theory of Change
- Solutions to End Child Marriage
July 3, 2019