Multisectoral Integration of SBC Programming A High-Level Exploration of Integrating Family Planning with Other Development Sectors
This report presents the result of an assessment carried out by Breakthrough ACTION to identify opportunities to integrate FP SBC programs with SBC programs outside of the health development sector. The report describes the process used to carry out the analysis along with recommendations for future assessments.
Breakthrough ACTION conducted this analysis in three parts:
- A literature review outlining existing linkages from published and grey literature, evidence maps, and program directories, which helped to identify enablers, barriers, and needs.
- Stakeholder interviews representing three development sectors (population, health, and environment; democracy, rights, and governance; and food security/livelihoods) and various organization types.
- An expert stakeholder consultation, including a synthesis of findings and facilitated discussions on the challenges, needs, and opportunities for multisectoral SBC integration.
The report discusses findings on the nature and extent of existing SBC and integrated programming and includes consideration of potential opportunities for FP SBC integration. It also documents the results of the stakeholder consultation and presents action steps to support improved multisectoral integrated programming.
More Trending Topic Multisector Integrated Programs resources
- Desk Review of Programs Integrating Family Planning with Food Security and Nutrition
- Social Franchising: Improving Quality and Expanding Contraceptive Choice in the Private Sector
- Social Marketing: Leveraging the Private Sector to Improve Contraceptive Access, Choice, and Use
- How Businesses Can Invest in Women and Realize Returns
- Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
- Family Planning High Impact Practices
- List of High Impact Practices in Family Planning
- Menstrual Hygiene in Emergencies Toolkit
- Engager les Communautes pour explorer les normes sociales- Engaging Communities in Exploring Social Norms: Learnings from the Social Norms Exploration Tool
- Family Planning and HIV Service Integration E-Learning Course
- Integrating Family Planning into Development Food Security Activities: Formative Research with the Njira Project in Malawi
- Expanding Access to Family Planning Services at the Community Level
- Implication des leaders religieux à travers une conception centrée sur l'humain au Niger/ Engaging Religious Leaders through Human Centered Design in Niger
- Aménagement CCSC utilisant AMT en Côte d'Ivoire/ SBCC Landscaping using TMA in Cote d'Ivoire
- Barrières des prestataires et déviants positifs/ Provider barriers and positive deviants
April 13, 2020