What Does it Mean to Engage the Public in the Response to Covid-19?
"Public engagement is particularly important during the covid-19 pandemic when the effectiveness of measures such as masking, social distancing, and vaccination requires cooperation and trust across all sectors of society."
However, as with previous calls for public engagement, the meaning of “engagement” and its practical implications for Covid-19 response and recovery are complex and at times confusing and unclear.
The authors of this article examine the different types of demands found in calls for public engagement in pandemic decision making and explain how to meet them. They focus on the responsibilities of governments because their decisions have far reaching social consequences, but institutions such as hospital systems, schools, corporations, and universities also make decisions that profoundly affect the communities they serve and should engage affected communities in their decision making.
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- What Does it Mean to Leave No One Behind? A United Nations Development Programme Discussion Paper and Framework for Implementation
- Active Case Finding with Case Management: the Key to Tackling the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19: The Gendered Impacts of the Outbreak
- Building Trust while Influencing Online COVID-19 Content in the Social Media World
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Program Guidance in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Religious Leaders Play Key Role in Battle against COVID-19
- Measures to Ensure the Continuity of the Response to Malaria in the Americas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tailoring Malaria Interventions in the COVID-19 Response
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Tracking the Global Outbreak
- COVID-19 Kenya- Knowledge Sharing Tracker
- USAID’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Burkina Faso – Issue 1 / USAID dans la riposte face à la COVID-19 au Burkina Faso
- COVID-19 Kenya- Media Coverage Tracker
- COVID-19 Kenya- Clinical Guidance and Job Aid Tracker
- A Coordinated Public-Private Sector Response in Liberia to COVID-19
June 1, 2021