A Toolkit to Help Stop the Spread
COVID-19 has rapidly sparked one of the largest behavior change campaigns in history, one on which countless lives (and economies) globally, depend. Governments all over the world are reacting and increasingly trying to find solutions to achieve population level behavioural compliance with a range of behaviours including “hand hygiene”, “respiratory etiquette”, “lockdown” and “social distancing”.
People need to comply with vital changes to their everyday lives. However, to do so, it seems governments need to do more than provide information, statistics and coercion through regulation.
There are well established arguments that public health campaigns rely heavily on treating all people as the same using education (show me) and law (make me) while overlooking one of the most effective ways to achieving change – marketing (help me).
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- A Toolkit to Help Stop the Spread
- Toolkit to Spread Awareness and Take Action on COVID-19
- Prevent, Detect, Respond: How Community Health Workers can Help in the Fight against COVID-19
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- ETC Guidance on the Provision of Digital Communication Technologies in COVID-19 operations
- How Your Community can Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus: The Seven Types of People who Start and Spread Viral Misinformation
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- WHO Tool for Behavioural Insights on COVID-19
July 21, 2020