Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
The Technical Specifications Content Guide (available in English and Spanish) specifies the evidence-based technical requirements and steps to be followed for the practice of each key behavior to reduce the risk of negative consequences caused by Zika during pregnancy.
This reference document for partners in the Zika response provides detailed technical information and specific steps to facilitate the adoption of the desired behavior.
This guide accompanies the Zika Prevention Behavior Matrix, which analyzes the efficacy and feasibility of seven behaviors with high potential to prevent the transmission of Zika and Congenital Zika Syndrome, based on a review of existing literature, data, and consultation with implementing partners of the USAID Zika response in several Latin American and Caribbean countries.
More Breakthrough ACTION and RESEARCH Resources on Zika resources
- Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
- Social Behavior Change Programming for Public Health Emergencies: Lessons Learned from the USAID Zika Response in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Strengthening the USAID Zika Response: Experiences from the Zika Social and Behavior Change Working Group
- Behavior Prioritization to Improve SBC Programming During a Public Health Emergency: A Call To Action
- Lessons Learned for SBC Programming from the USAID Zika Response
- The Importance of Social and Behavioral Change Response in the Zika Outbreak: Lessons Learned from Ebola
- Zika Communication Network
- Effective Behaviors to Prevent Zika
- Zika Virus Global Emergency Response Plan
- Risk Communication and Community Engagement for Zika Virus Prevention and Control
- Insights Report: Using human-centered Design to Identify Improved Behavioral and Structural Solutions for Zika Prevention
- Perceptions About Zika-related Prevention Behaviors in the Dominican Republic: Findings and Implications from a Qualitative Study
- Evidence-Based Prioritization Process to Identify Behaviors for Zika Prevention
- Feasibility and Effectiveness of Behaviors to Prevent Zika in El Salvador: Results of a Qualitative Study
- Empowering Communities to Fight Zika: Capacity Strengthening During the Zika Outbreak Response
April 13, 2020