Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
The Technical Specifications Content Guide (available in English and Spanish) specifies the evidence-based technical requirements and steps to be followed for the practice of each key behavior to reduce the risk of negative consequences caused by Zika during pregnancy.
This reference document for partners in the Zika response provides detailed technical information and specific steps to facilitate the adoption of the desired behavior.
This guide accompanies the Zika Prevention Behavior Matrix, which analyzes the efficacy and feasibility of seven behaviors with high potential to prevent the transmission of Zika and Congenital Zika Syndrome, based on a review of existing literature, data, and consultation with implementing partners of the USAID Zika response in several Latin American and Caribbean countries.
More Breakthrough ACTION and RESEARCH Resources on Zika resources
- Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
- Strengthening the USAID Zika Response: Experiences from the Zika Social and Behavior Change Working Group
- Behavior Prioritization to Improve SBC Programming During a Public Health Emergency: A Call To Action
- The Importance of Social and Behavioral Change Response in the Zika Outbreak: Lessons Learned from Ebola
- Zika Virus Global Emergency Response Plan
- Guidance for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted HIV Infections
- Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Lessons Learned for SBC Programming from the USAID Zika Response
- Generic Algorithm to Aid Action Planning at District and Regional Levels
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Insights Report: Using human-centered Design to Identify Improved Behavioral and Structural Solutions for Zika Prevention
- Perceptions About Zika-related Prevention Behaviors in the Dominican Republic: Findings and Implications from a Qualitative Study
- Feasibility and Effectiveness of Behaviors to Prevent Zika in El Salvador: Results of a Qualitative Study
- Evidence-Based Prioritization Process to Identify Behaviors for Zika Prevention
- Programmatic Implications of Zika-Related Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices
September 25, 2019