Technical Brief: Using SMS and IVR-Based Surveys during COVID-19
This technical brief is intended to serve as guidance for systematically administering Short Message Service (SMS) and Interactive Voice Response (IVR)-based surveys to collect data from a stratified sample of participants. The brief includes a number of reference documents and resource people to contact for additional information.
Remote mobile data collection offers a way to rapidly collect key data to support decision-making, which is especially needed during a pandemic. SMS- or IVRbased data collection can reach respondents in near real time and provide results from a stratified sample that aligns with national demographics within days. Furthermore, regular data collection, such as multiple rounds of surveys, offers a means by which to reassess the situation on the ground; identify progress on key determinants, or lack thereof; and potentially explore how the communication efforts impacted behaviors over time.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- Technical Brief: Virtual Pretesting during COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Using Social Media to Disseminate COVID-19 Information
- Technical Brief: Creating a Real-Time Rumor Management System for COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Integrating Gender in the COVID-19 Response
- Technical Brief: Socially Marginalized Groups and COVID-19
- How to Support Displaced Populations' Mental Health during Lockdown
- Health-protective Behaviour, Social Media Usage and Conspiracy Belief during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Compassion in a Time of COVID-19
- Building Trust while Influencing Online COVID-19 Content in the Social Media World
June 12, 2020