Technical Brief: Integrating Gender in the COVID-19 Response
Integrating gender into the COVID-19 risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) response demands consideration of how gender norms and roles, as well as inequitable power dynamics and decision-making, influence people’s experiences and needs at all stages.
This technical brief provides practical recommendations to integrate gender across the six pillars of the RCCE response.
More Breakthrough ACTION COVID-19 Technical Briefs resources
- Integrating Gender into the COVID-19 Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) Response
- Technical Brief: Virtual Pretesting during COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Creating a Real-Time Rumor Management System for COVID-19
- Gender Norms and the Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Exposes the Harsh Realities of Gender Inequality in Slums
- COVID-19: Resources to Address Gender-based Violence Risks
- Technical Brief: Socially Marginalized Groups and COVID-19
- Identifying & Mitigating Gender-based Violence Risks within the COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19: The Gendered Impacts of the Outbreak
- Technical Brief: Using Social Media to Disseminate COVID-19 Information
July 21, 2020