Technical Brief: Integrating Gender in the COVID-19 Response
Integrating gender into the COVID-19 risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) response demands consideration of how gender norms and roles, as well as inequitable power dynamics and decision-making, influence people’s experiences and needs at all stages.
This technical brief provides practical recommendations to integrate gender across the six pillars of the RCCE response.
More Breakthrough ACTION COVID-19 Technical Briefs resources
- Technical Brief: Creating a Real-Time Rumor Management System for COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Socially Marginalized Groups and COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Using Social Media to Disseminate COVID-19 Information
- Technical Brief: Virtual Pretesting during COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Using SMS and IVR-Based Surveys during COVID-19
- COVID-19: Resources to Address Gender-based Violence Risks
- Integrating Gender into the COVID-19 Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) Response
- Technical Note on COVID-19 and Harmful Practices
- Technical Brief: Handwashing with Soap: A Key Part of the COVID-19 Response
- Technical Brief: Disrupting COVID-19 Stigma
June 12, 2020