Technical Brief: Disrupting COVID-19 Stigma
This technical brief includes important considerations and resources to support country programs in recognizing and working to reduce stigma around COVID-19.
It includes sections on:
- Why do people stigmatize?
- What do stigma and its effects look like?
- Why is addressing stigma so important?
- How do we reduce stigma?
- How can we use social media to reduce stigma?
- Additional resources
More Breakthrough ACTION COVID-19 Technical Briefs resources
- Technical Brief: Handwashing with Soap: A Key Part of the COVID-19 Response
- Technical Brief: COVID-19 Rumor Tracking Guidance for Field Teams
- Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
- Conseils sur le changement social et de comportement pour la planification familiale pendant le COVID-19
- Guidance on Social and Behavior Change for Family Planning During COVID-19
- Reduction of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination
- WHO Technical Guidance Page
- Planification familiale dans les situations de crise humanitaire: guide de planification stratégique
- Rights in the Time of COVID-19 Infographic
- Rights in the Time of COVID-19: Lessons from HIV for an effective, community-led response
May 12, 2020