Technical Brief: Disrupting COVID-19 Stigma
This technical brief includes important considerations and resources to support country programs in recognizing and working to reduce stigma around COVID-19.
It includes sections on:
- Why do people stigmatize?
- What do stigma and its effects look like?
- Why is addressing stigma so important?
- How do we reduce stigma?
- How can we use social media to reduce stigma?
- Additional resources
- Technical Brief: Handwashing with Soap: A Key Part of the COVID-19 Response
- Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
- Technical Brief: COVID-19 Rumor Tracking Guidance for Field Teams
- Reduction of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination
- Technical Brief: Using Social Media to Disseminate COVID-19 Information
- Technical Brief: Virtual Pretesting during COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Socially Marginalized Groups and COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Social and Behavior Change for Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health during COVID-19
- Guidance on Social and Behavior Change for Family Planning During COVID-19
- WHO Technical Guidance Page
July 21, 2020