Key Guidelines in Developing a Pre-Emptive COVID-19 Vaccination Uptake Promotion Strategy
This paper makes the case for immediate planning for a COVID-19 vaccination uptake strategy in advance of vaccine availability for two reasons: first, the need to build a consensus about the order in which groups of the population will get access to the vaccine; second, to reduce any fear and concerns that exist in relation to vaccination and to create demand for vaccines. A key part of this strategy is to counter the anti-vaccination movement that is already promoting hesitancy and resistance.
This paper aims to set out in short form critical guidelines that governments and regional bodies should take to enhance the impact of a COVID-19 vaccination strategy. We base our recommendations on a review of existing best practice guidance. This paper aims to assist those responsible for promoting COVID-19 vaccine uptake to digest the mass of guidance that exists and formulate an effective locally relevant strategy.
A summary of key guidelines is presented based on best practice guidance.
- Demand Creation and Advocacy for COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance and Uptake
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication
- What is the World Doing about COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance?
- 5 Ways to Use Sensitivity When Writing About Vaccines
- Misunderstanding Vaccine Side Effects Poses a Problem for Uptake
- Guidance on Developing a National Deployment and Vaccination Plan for COVID-19 Vaccines
- Vaccine Confidence: A Global Analysis Exploring Volatility, Polarization, and Trust
- COVID-19 Vaccine Introduction Toolkit
- Vaccine Hesitancy and COVID-19: Considerations for Communication
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
January 13, 2021