Key considerations: COVID-19 in Informal Urban Settlements
This brief sets out key considerations for protecting informal urban settlements from the spread and impacts of COVID-19.
There is heightened concern about these settings because of the combination of population density and limited infrastructure. This briefing discusses what is known about vulnerabilities and how to support local action. It can be viewed in conjunction with the Science in Humanitarian Action Platform (SSHAP) briefings on quarantine and social media.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- Key considerations: Online Information, Mis- and Disinformation in the Context of COVID-19
- Key considerations: Quarantine in the Context of COVID-19
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control
- Practical Considerations and Recommendations for Religious Leaders and Faith-based Communities in the Context of COVID-19
- Questions and Answers about Violence against Women and COVID-19
- Considerations and Principles for Shielding People at High Risk of Severe Outcomes from COVID-19
- Considerations for USAID Mission Staff for Programmatic COVID-19 Preparedness and Response: Digital Technologies and Data Systems
- Guidance Notes for IFRC and Response Teams
- Note d'Orientation pour les equipes d'intrvention des societes nationales et de la federation
- How to Be Clear During COVID-19
April 16, 2020