Community-Led Action (CLA) for COVID-19: A Field Manual for Community Mobilisers
This Field Manual was developed by GOAL for GOAL community mobilizers implementing the Community-Led Action (CLA) approach to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in their communities. GOAL is an international humanitarian and development agency, committed to working with communities to achieve sustainable and innovative early response in crises, and lasting solutions to poverty and vulnerability.It can also be used by other organisations who wish to implement the CLA approach as part of the COVID-19 pandemic response.
This Field Manual supports community mobilizers (CMs) in implementing CLA’s five steps. It provides CMs with Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) tools and ideas for empowering communities to do their own analysis and take their own action to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The CLA approach recognises that communities have the power and the agency to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect themselves. The approach also recognises that contexts and communities vary widely, and as such, the guidance given should be adapted and tailored to suit local conditions.
- Community-Led Action (CLA) for COVID-19: A Field Manual for Community Mobilisers
- Rights in the Time of COVID-19: Lessons from HIV for an effective, community-led response
- COVID-19: Resources to Address Gender-based Violence Risks
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Support Displaced Populations' Mental Health during Lockdown
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Translators without Borders Glossary for COVID-19
- Framework for Reopening Schools
- COVID-19 Exposes the Harsh Realities of Gender Inequality in Slums
- Guidance for National Societies on Safe and Remote Risk Communication and Community Engagement during COVID-19
May 17, 2020