Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC): Demand Creation Toolkit
This toolkit provides implementing partners and organizations with the guidance and tools needed to conduct communication and outreach activities that drive demand for voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC). The toolkit is a practical resource that enables users to create community-specific communication campaigns quickly and easily that uphold national, international, and donor-driven standards for quality, content, and sensitivity.
The strategy for demand creation outlined in this toolkit addresses three broad audience groups: Married and unmarried males aged 15 to 49 years at risk of acquiring HIV infection through heterosexual (vaginal) intercourse; Married and unmarried females aged 15 to 49 years, including the sexual partners of males aged 15 to 49, who can influence males’ decisions about VMMC; and Key influencers, such as male peers, community leaders, spiritual leaders, celebrities, or others at the community, regional, and/or national levels, who can encourage males to consider VMMC. The toolkit provides specific approaches and materials for reaching these strategically important and high-priority audiences in the interest of achieving an AIDS-free generation.
It is organized into three sections: the introduction, planning and implementation, and resources. The toolkit is intended for use by Ministries of Health, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and other implementing partners responsible for creating demand for VMMC. It provides a step-by-step process to turn communication strategies into demand creation campaigns. The guidance and tools provided will help program managers and planners, demand creation coordinators, and other staff develop communication materials and conduct demand creation activities that drive demand for VMMC services. The toolkit is designed for use at the national, regional, and local levels.
- Developing Marketing and Communications Strategies to Promote Demand and Uptake of PrEP
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Participation Guide: Involving Those Directly Affected in Health and Development Communication Programs
- JHU/CCP Pathways Models
- The Health Communicator's Social Media Toolkit
- The P-Process
- Leadership in Strategic Communication: Making a Difference in Infectious Disease and Reproductive Health
- Learning Package for SBCC Facilitator's Guide
- From Awareness to Action A Guide for District and Block-level Functionaries to Implement Behavior Change Communication Programmes
- Older Men and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Creative Brief
- Speaking About Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) [Flipchart, Kenya]
- Partnering with Private Providers in South Africa to Offer Medical Male Circumcision Services: A Case Study
- VMMC Radio Spots [Kenya]
- VMMC Community Dialogue Cards [Kenya]
March 25, 2019