Verified is an initiative of the United Nations, in collaboration with Purpose, to provide content that cuts through the noise to deliver life-saving information, fact-based advice and stories from the best of humanity. it is an initiative to encourage everyone to check the advice we share. Users register to receive trustworthy COVID-19 information, fact-based advice, and human-interest stories.
By promoting and sharing Verified content, everyday people can play a crucial role in the work of Verified by spreading reliable information about COVID-19 to their friends, families and social networks, with the goal of saving lives and countering misinformation. Organizations, businesses, civil society and media platforms partner with Verified to spread information that helps protect people, communities and forges connections across the planet.
Verified’s team of communicators, creatives and researchers produce content based on the latest information and guidance from the United Nations, the World Health Organisation and other UN agencies. We work with leading experts on misinformation First Draft.
Verified works with the support of Luminate, IKEA Foundation and UN Foundation and partners all over the world.
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Tracking the Global Outbreak
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Building Trust while Influencing Online COVID-19 Content in the Social Media World
- Technical Brief: Creating a Real-Time Rumor Management System for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Simple Answers to Top Questions Risk Communication Field Guide Questions and Key Messages
- COVID-19: Resources to Address Gender-based Violence Risks
- Translators without Borders Glossary for COVID-19
- Compassion in a Time of COVID-19
- Gender and COVID-19 Research Project
July 21, 2020