UNICEF Messages for COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, UNICEF has developed a health worker training content library that can be deployed on a variety of digital channels, including SMS, Social Media Messaging Apps (i.e., WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Telegram), and other app-based learning management systems.
This resource will equip frontline health workers with the knowledge and skills needed to continue to provide preventative and promotive community services, to conduct risk communication and community engagement, and to support community-based surveillance. Health workers on the ground are supported with accurate and digestible messaging that they can readily deploy in their communities. This resource has been brought to you by collaborating with the COVID-19 Digital Classroom Consortium, the World Health Organization, and John Hopkins Center for Communication Programs.
It is important to note that, while this content library provides a generalized overview of COVID-19 prevention and protection measures that are widely applicable to a variety of contexts and circumstances, the course material does not account for everything, especially as the health community is still learning day-to-day about the virus and its impact. Health workers and their supervisors should continue to familiarize themselves with their individual context and consider their national or global guidelines on eLearning to best customize the training content for their community’s specific needs. Please bookmark this resource and check back often as the content will be regularly updated as the pandemic evolves.
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- KAP COVID: Exploring Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices for COVID-19 Prevention
- COVID-19: Simple Answers to Top Questions Risk Communication Field Guide Questions and Key Messages
- Handbook for Media: the Coronavirus and COVID-19
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Center
- Technical Brief: Creating a Real-Time Rumor Management System for COVID-19
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- ETC Guidance on the Provision of Digital Communication Technologies in COVID-19 operations
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- COVID-19 Testing Communications Toolkit
July 23, 2021