Social Media Rumour Bulletin
Internews works with Translators without Borders and Standby Task Force to collect and analyse rumours and misinformation related to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 disease. Data is being collected in six languages across Asia including: Simplified Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa Indonesia and Urdu. These bulletins are intended for use by journalists and community workers.
This bulletin relies on social media data collected by monitors working for Internews and partner organisations. Data is collected both manually and with the use of specialist monitoring platforms. Content will focus based on key trends in social media data collected in our target language groups and aims to provide tools and resources to help journalists and community workers to respond to misinformation in their work.
- Tools to Support Journalists and Newsrooms during COVID-19
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Internews COVID-19 Microsite
- Translators without Borders Glossary for COVID-19
- COVID-Ready Communication Playbook for Health Professionals
- Coronavirus — COVID-19 Factsheet
- YouTube as a Source of Information on COVID-19: A Pandemic of Misinformation?
- KAP COVID: Exploring Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices for COVID-19 Prevention
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Tracking the Global Outbreak
July 21, 2020