The SBCC Emergency Helix
The SBCC Emergency Helix describes a communication blueprint for strengthening community stability, health system adaptability and the evolution toward resilience.
This framework presents seven strategic SBCC objectives and four underlying principles that apply to most types of emergencies. However, each emergency merits a communication plan adapted for the situation and may call for some SBCC objectives to be prioritized multiple times or activated in a nonlinear fashion. In pursuit of building resilience, the SBCC Emergency Helix is best understood as a repetitive unit strengthening emergency communication with each cycle of emergency preparedness, response, recovery and reconstruction, with communities at the center of it all.
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training
- CERC Manual for Emergency Risk Commuication
- JHU/CCP Pathways Models
- Learning Package for SBCC Facilitator's Guide
- Leadership in Strategic Communication: Making a Difference in Infectious Disease and Reproductive Health
- Designing for Behavior Change For Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Health and Nutrition [Workshop Curriculum]
- Preventing HIV/AIDS among Adolescents through Integrated Communication Programming [Manual]
- Zika Virus Global Emergency Response Plan
- From Awareness to Action A Guide for District and Block-level Functionaries to Implement Behavior Change Communication Programmes
February 20, 2020