Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
Breakthrough RESEARCH, through analysis led by Avenir Health, has developed two briefs exploring the factors related to adolescent childbearing and youth contraceptive use in USAID priority countries to show how social behavior change (SBC) investments can be tailored to focus on the unique circumstances of different young people.
The first brief underscores the need for prioritized SBC investments to address adolescent pregnancy that are tailored to country context. It discusses potential investments scope and type based on the level of adolescent pregnancy and the concentration of adolescent pregnancy within or outside of marriage.
The second brief underscores the need for prioritized SBC investments can address the FP needs of married young women. It discusses potential investments based on levels of current use of modern contraception and the potential demand for modern contraception, and is designed to help decision-makers prioritize and focus SBC interventions.
These documents are intended for global and country-level decision-makers and family planning/reproductive health program implementers in USAID priority countries.
- Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Child, Early, and Forced Marriage Resource Guide
- The Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About Child Marriage
- Zika Prevention Behavior Matrix
- COVID-19 and Child, Early, and Forced Marriage: An Agenda for Action
- Barrier Analysis Questionnaires
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Empathy – How to Improve Your Designs by Developing Empathy for Your Target Group
December 8, 2020