PAHO urges countries to maintain vaccination during COVID-19 pandemic
Vaccinating to prevent serious respiratory illness from flu and stop measles outbreaks is key to protecting people while helping health systems focus on the response to COVID-19. Some 17 countries in the Americas have reported they are using the Vaccination Week in the Americas platform to vaccinate against influenza, and other 17 plan to vaccinate against measles.
Three countries in the Americas - Argentina, Brazil and Mexico - are currently battling measles outbreaks, as well as dealing with COVID-19 cases. PAHO has recommended that primary health care providers vaccinate against measles while taking measures to protect communities and health care workers from COVID-19.
Immunization continues to be an essential service that must continue to keep people healthy and reduce burdens on health services so they can respond more effectively to COVID-19.
- More Than 117 Million Children at Risk of Missing Out on Measles Vaccines, as COVID-19 Surges
- PAHO Urges Countries to Maintain Vaccination during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Public’s Role in COVID-19 Vaccination: Planning Recommendations Informed by Design Thinking and the Social, Behavioral, and Communication Sciences
- Measures to Ensure the Continuity of the Response to Malaria in the Americas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Program Guidance in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Preventing Violence Against Women During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- IAS Conference E-posters
- Addressing Reproductive, Maternal, and Child Health and Family Planning Needs of Young, First-Time Parents in the Eastern Region of Burkina Faso
- Improving Family Planning Outcomes for First-Time Parents in the Greater Mahale Ecosystem of Tanzania (Brief)
- Atelier d’évaluation et de ré-planification du plan d’action opérationnel intégré de la communication de risque 2020
- Self-Care in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: A New Frontier in Healthcare
April 27, 2020