Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
This three-part curriculum is designed to provide a broad range of health care workers with the skills and sensitivity needed to work with male clients and provide men's reproductive health services.
Section 1, Introduction to Men's Reproductive Health Services, is designed to help sites and health care workers address organizational and attitudinal barriers that may exist when initiating, providing, or expanding a men's reproductive health services program. It also provides basic information on a variety of reproductive health issues relevant to reproductive health services for men, including sexuality, gender, anatomy and physiology, contraception, and sexually transmitted infections.
Section 2, Counseling and Communicating with Men, focuses on strengthening service providers' ability to interact with, communicate with, and counsel men—with or without their partners—on reproductive health issues. Topics include counseling and communication approaches, provider biases toward and against men that may need to be addressed, and effective communication and counseling techniques.
Section 3, Management of Men's Reproductive Health Problems, provides information to clinicians and other service providers in diagnosing and managing reproductive health disorders in men. Topics include disorders of the male reproductive system, including infertility and sexually transmitted infections; sexual and reproductive history assessment; and step-by-step instructions for performing a genital examination.
Each section is comprised of a participant's handbook and a trainer's resource book. The participant's handbook is intended for use by health care staff who participate in a training workshop, and can be used both during the course and as reference material after the course is over. The trainer's resource book is intended for use by skilled, experienced trainers, and provides guidance, suggestions, and training activities to be used to teach the content of the training course.
More Promoting Sexual and Reproductive Health Products and Services for Men resources
- How to Create Successful Vasectomy Programs
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy Curriculum
- Comprehensive Condom Programming A guide for resource mobilization and country programming
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision In-Service Communication Best Practices Guide
- Quick Guide to Vasectomy Counseling
- Training Resource for Male Condoms
- Guide de promotion des produits et services de santé sexuelle et reproductive pour les hommes
- Guide for Promoting Sexual and Reproductive Health Products and Services for Men
- Program H: Working with Young Men
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
March 25, 2019