Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Program Guidance in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic
On April 9, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) Global Malaria Program (GMP) released guidance, Tailoring Malaria Interventions in the COVID19 Response, to address malaria within the context of COVID-19.
This topic cuts across vector control (insecticide-treated nets [ITNs] and indoor residual spraying [IRS]), case management, chemoprevention (intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy [IPTp], seasonal malaria chemoprevention [SMC]), and supportive structures and systems (supply chain, program management, information systems, and communication and community engagement).
To complement the recent guidance from the WHO GMP, the RBM Partnership to End Malaria Social Behaviour Change Working Group has developed interim guidance for malaria SBC in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is recognized that during this unprecedented time, malaria remains an issue in malaria-affected countries and in the current context, community members and health workers may face additional challenges that significantly impact the health system. To this end, approaches and systems should be supported to deliver malaria services among communities, households, and individuals.
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Tailoring Malaria Interventions in the COVID-19 Response
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Preventing Violence Against Women During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Measures to Ensure the Continuity of the Response to Malaria in the Americas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Active Case Finding with Case Management: the Key to Tackling the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Tracking the Global Outbreak
- Pandemics and Violence Against Women and Children
- IAS Conference E-posters
- Malaria-themed Radio Magazine Program
- Guide for the Preparation of a Risk Communication Strategy for COVID-19 Vaccines: A Resource for the Countries of the Americas
- Atelier d’évaluation et de ré-planification du plan d’action opérationnel intégré de la communication de risque 2020
- Community Dialogues for Healthy Children: Encouraging Communities to Talk
June 18, 2021