Key Messages and Actions for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Schools
The purpose of this document is to provide clear and actionable guidance for safe operations through the prevention, early detection and control of COVID-19 in schools and other educational facilities.
The guidance, while specific to countries that have already confirmed the transmission of COVID-19, is still relevant in all other contexts. Education can encourage students to become advocates for disease prevention and control at home, in school, and in their community by talking to others about how to prevent the spread of viruses. Maintaining safe school operations or reopening schools after a closure requires many considerations but, if done well, can promote public health.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- WHO Tool for Behavioural Insights on COVID-19
- Prise en charge clinique de l’infection respiratoire aiguë sévère lorsqu’une infection par le nouveau coronavirus (2019-nCoV) est soupçonnée (OMS)
- The COVID-19 Risk Communication Package For Healthcare Facilities
- Coronavirus Radio Show Guide and Running Order
- Guide et réalisation d’émissions de radio sur le nouveau coronavirus
- Messages clés et actions pour la prévention et le contrôle de la COVID-19 dans les écoles
- Technical Brief: COVID-19 Rumor Tracking Guidance for Field Teams
- Rumour Has It: A Practice Guide to Working with Rumours
- Risk Communication and Community Engagement Guidance
July 21, 2020