Key Messages and Actions for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Schools
The purpose of this document is to provide clear and actionable guidance for safe operations through the prevention, early detection and control of COVID-19 in schools and other educational facilities.
The guidance, while specific to countries that have already confirmed the transmission of COVID-19, is still relevant in all other contexts. Education can encourage students to become advocates for disease prevention and control at home, in school, and in their community by talking to others about how to prevent the spread of viruses. Maintaining safe school operations or reopening schools after a closure requires many considerations but, if done well, can promote public health.
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Center
- Supporting your Child’s Mental Health as They Return to School during COVID-19
- Framework for Reopening Schools
- Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Girl Safety Toolkit: A Resource for Practitioners
- Updated Resources and Tools for Reopening Schools and Childcare Programs
- Considerations for Schools
- Technical Brief: COVID-19 Rumor Tracking Guidance for Field Teams
- Coronavirus Radio Show Guide and Running Order
- Guide et réalisation d’émissions de radio sur le nouveau coronavirus
September 30, 2021