Key considerations: Quarantine in the Context of COVID-19
This brief sets out practical considerations relating to the design and impact of measures that restrict human movement patterns in the context of COVID-19. These measures include: quarantine, in which individuals who have been exposed to a communicable disease are separated from others for the duration of the disease’s incubation period; isolation, in which individuals with a communicable disease are separated from others for as long as they are infectious; and social distancing, in which individuals or large groups of people are restricted from gathering.
Measures may be mandatory (governmentally required and enforced) or voluntary (not required but recommended by government or developed and implemented at the community or individual level).
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- Key considerations: Online Information, Mis- and Disinformation in the Context of COVID-19
- Key considerations: COVID-19 in Informal Urban Settlements
- Guidance Notes for IFRC and Response Teams
- Note d'Orientation pour les equipes d'intrvention des societes nationales et de la federation
- Safe Ramadan Practices in the Context of the COVID-19: Interim Guidance
- How to Be Clear During COVID-19
- Hand Hygiene: Why, How & When?
- Guidance on Use of Masks
- Coronavirus — COVID-19 Factsheet
- Practical Considerations and Recommendations for Religious Leaders and Faith-based Communities in the Context of COVID-19
March 29, 2020