Key considerations: Online Information, Mis- and Disinformation in the Context of COVID-19
This brief sets out practical considerations relating to flows of information, misinformation and disinformation though online media, particularly social media networks, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It details various types of online media, key players and influencers on social media, and strategies for ensuring good information and disrupting mis- and disinformation. It is important to analyse different types of information across different channels, how it is spread and to whom, in order to determine how social media can be harnessed in both positive and negative ways.
- Key considerations: Quarantine in the Context of COVID-19
- Guidance Notes for IFRC and Response Teams
- Note d'Orientation pour les equipes d'intrvention des societes nationales et de la federation
- Emerging Respiratory Viruses, including nCoV: Methods for Detection, Prevention, Response and Control: Online Course
- READY COVID-19 Factsheet
- CDC Coronavirus Website
- Rumour Has It: A Practice Guide to Working with Rumours
- WHO Tool for Behavioural Insights on COVID-19
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Advice for the Public
- The COVID-19 Risk Communication Package For Healthcare Facilities
March 25, 2020