Key considerations: Online Information, Mis- and Disinformation in the Context of COVID-19
This brief sets out practical considerations relating to flows of information, misinformation and disinformation though online media, particularly social media networks, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It details various types of online media, key players and influencers on social media, and strategies for ensuring good information and disrupting mis- and disinformation. It is important to analyse different types of information across different channels, how it is spread and to whom, in order to determine how social media can be harnessed in both positive and negative ways.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- Key considerations: Quarantine in the Context of COVID-19
- Key considerations: COVID-19 in Informal Urban Settlements
- Practical Considerations and Recommendations for Religious Leaders and Faith-based Communities in the Context of COVID-19
- Guidance Notes for IFRC and Response Teams
- Note d'Orientation pour les equipes d'intrvention des societes nationales et de la federation
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Considerations for School-related Public Health Measures in the Context of COVID-19
- Safe Ramadan Practices in the Context of the COVID-19: Interim Guidance
- How to Be Clear During COVID-19
- Hand Hygiene: Why, How & When?
March 25, 2020