ITN Access and Use Report - 2018
This report presents four indicators related to use of insecticide-treated nets (ITNs):
- Individual access to ITN within the household
- Individual use of ITN the previous night
- Household ownership of at least one ITN
- The use: access ratio.
All indicators were calculated using available national Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS), Malaria Indicators Survey (MIS) and Multiple Cluster Indicator Survey (MICS) data. To explain the variations in access and use, data for each country was stratified by region, urban/rural status, wealth quintile, and whether households received indoor residual spraying (IRS).
Brief observations and programmatic recommendations are made for each country. Topline findings for the President's Malaria Initiative (PMI )Focus countries are presented. A Stata do-file is included as an annex.
- ITN Access and Use- Mapping Net Culture in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Understanding ITN Use: What do your Numbers Really Mean?- Webinar
- Care of Mosquito Nets Toolkit
- ITN Access Indicator Snapshot
- ITN Access and Use Report
- US President's Malaria Initiative Technical Guidance
- Social Marketing: Leveraging the Private Sector to Improve Contraceptive Access, Choice, and Use
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Springboard Webinar: How to Capture and Use Basic Social, Development and Health Data with Communities
March 25, 2019