ITN Access and Use - Mapping Net Culture in Sub-Saharan Africa
This report presents four indicators related to use of insecticide-treated nets (ITNs); individual access to ITN within the household, individual use of ITN the previous night, household ownership of at least one ITN, and the use:access ratio. All indicators were calculated using available national DHS, MIS and MICS data. To explain the variations in access and use, data for each country was stratified by region, urban/rural status, wealth quintile, and whether households received IRS.
Brief observations and programmatic recommendations are made for each country. Topline findings for the PMI Focus countries are presented. A Stata do-file is included as an annex.
The report is available here.
The slide presentation is available here.
- Understanding ITN Use: What do your Numbers Really Mean?- Webinar
- ITN Access and Use Report- 2018
- Care of Mosquito Nets Toolkit
- ITN Access Indicator Snapshot
- ITN Access and Use Report
- US President's Malaria Initiative Technical Guidance
- Design Kit for Human-Centered Design
- Social Marketing: Leveraging the Private Sector to Improve Contraceptive Access, Choice, and Use
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Social Media Analysis and Health Communication
- Continuous Distribution Toolkit
- Malaria Prevention: Quick checklist Distribution of Long-lasting Insecticide Treated Nets in Refugee Situations
- Your Child's Health Depends on You
- Expanding Access to Family Planning Services at the Community Level
- Using Human-centered Design to Strengthen Guyana’s Malaria Testing and Treatment Adherence Program
March 25, 2019