Home-Based Care Reference Guide for COVID-19
This guide provides recommendations to nonprofits, Red Cross Red Crescent network and community organizations who are designing programs and materials in response to COVID-19 in low- and middle-income countries.
The working group designed it as a supplemental tool for organizations working specifically with community health workers (CHWs) (including trained community health volunteers) as they are reaching households, however the content can be adapted for other purposes.
This guide focuses on three main areas: how to support a person whose condition warrants home care because of non-severe symptoms and home care is recommended by local jurisdictions; how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the home; and how to provide emotional support to family members. While this manual provides information on danger signs of COVID-19, it should not be used as a guide for when and how a person who has COVID-19 (or its symptoms) should seek medical care. All content adapted to different countries should reflect local policy guidelines and recommendations.
- Who Self-Cares Wins
- Long-Term Care Facility Toolkit: Preparing for COVID-19 Vaccination at Your Facility
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Breaking Down COVID-19: The COVID-19 Living Textbook
- Self-Care: Better Daily Health for Individuals and Societies
- Basic Psychosocial Skills: A Guide for COVID-19 Responders
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit
- Talking to Children about Illness and Death of a Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19, Maternal and Child Health, and Nutrition
- WHO Advice for Home-Based Care of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Care in India: The Course to Self-Reliance
- Self-Care in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: A New Frontier in Healthcare
- 7 Acts of Self-care You Can Practice during a Winter Lockdown
- Is Contraceptive Self-injection Cost-effective Compared to Contraceptive Injections from Facility-Based health Workers? Evidence from Uganda
July 7, 2020