Grassroot Soccer SKILLZ COVID-19 Response Curriculum
The SKILLZ COVID-19 RESPONSE curriculum was developed in March 2020 to help address the COVID-19 pandemic. Grassroot Soccer (grassrootsoccer.org) and its team of curriculum advisors rapidly designed this sport-based tool as a way for coaches, educators, and parents to easily facilitate fun, simple, and effective sessions with young people (ages 9+).
The curriculum aims to increase comprehensive knowledge on COVID-19, promote healthy behaviors such as proper handwashing, provide skills for mental wellbeing during stressful times, and dispel common myths about the disease. Use this SKILLZ COVID-19 RESPONSE curriculum to connect with young people either in schools or the classroom (if deemed safe by local health authorities) or remotely through video-conferencing and WhatsApp (where available). .
Parents and caregivers can also use this tool to provide COVID-19 education to children at home.
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is an adolescent health organization that leverages the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize at-risk youth in developing countries to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. Since 2002, GRS has reached over 2 million young people in 50 countries with life-saving HIV prevention and sexual and reproductive health (SRH) information and services.
Other related documents are:
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- Guide to Community Engagement at a Distance
- Translators without Borders Glossary for COVID-19
- Coronavirus Disease Training Overview
- COVID-19: Tackling the Novel Coronavirus
- Simulation Exercise
- A National Plan to Enable Comprehensive COVID-19 Case Finding and Contact Tracing in the US
- COVID-19: Resources to Address Gender-based Violence Risks
- WHO Tool for Behavioural Insights on COVID-19
- Basic Psychosocial Skills: A Guide for COVID-19 Responders
July 21, 2020