Glossary of Design Terms
This glossary is aimed at non-designers to help them become familiar with terms used by design teams. It helps clarify the meanings of common design terms through definitions and examples.
It was developed by engaging with a range of global health practitioners and designers who provided input regarding the definitions of terms and examples that help explain each of them.
The glossary includes:
- Definitions of the terms and their relevance to global health
- Illustrative examples to contextualize the terms
- Synonyms and similar words for each term
- Complimentary Design Approaches for Global Health
- Provider Behavior Change Implementation Kit
- Improving Interpersonal Communication Between Health Care Providers and Clients
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Developing a Social and Behavior Change Research Agenda
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design
- Think BIG tool: Prioritizing and Integrating Behaviors
- Why is IVR Important?
- Accelerator Behaviors
August 6, 2019