Global Health e-Learning Center
In 2005, USAID’s Bureau of Global Health developed the Global Health eLearning (GHeL) Center to provide its worldwide mission-based health staff with access to state of the art technical global health information.
The courses and certificate programs at the Center offer self-paced Internet-based courses that: 1. Provide useful and timely continuing education for the world’s premier global health professionals, 2. Present state-of-the-art technical content on key public health topics, and 3. Serve as a practical resource for increasing public health knowledge.
This is a flexible learning program for busy professionals. Each course is authored by a subject matter expert or a team of experts, is highly focused, and can be completed in about one to two hours. Learners can access a course in multiple visits and a pick up where they left off at any time. Although courses are designed to be taken online, a printer-friendly format allows you to download and print course materials for further study. Some titles are available in languages other than English. Learners can complete individual courses, or a series of related courses as part of a Certificate Program. The courses combine technical content with current USAID programming principles, best practices, and case studies. Concrete examples stimulate a learner’s thinking so that they can to solve problems and apply best practices to programming in the field setting. The Center offers the best of international development implementation science for the health sector.
- Learning Package for SBCC Facilitator's Guide
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Donors and Networks
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Use with Organizations
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Individuals [Facilitator's Guide and Assessment Tool]
- Straight to the Point Capacity Building Tools
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Fake Medicines: Training for Action E-Learning Course
- Zika Communication Network
- The P-Process
- Learning Package for SBCC Practitioner's Handbook
March 25, 2019