Family Planning Counselling Kit
When the National Family Planning Logo was launched in 1998 to brand quality family planning materials and services in Zambia, one of the tools seen as critical to the effectiveness of family planning providers in Zambia was this kit. Developed based on Zambia's national family planning guidelines and in partnership with health providers, this kit is designed to be user friendly and effective. It starts explaining the GATHER process for good counseling and then helps the provider (using a simple algorithm of questions) profile each client into one of four profiles.
Each profile is color coded to help the provider know which cards to use in counseling. It saves the provider time so she does not have to explain all the methods to every client and only explain the ones in that client's profile. This kit goes with an orientation video for the family planning providers and is a found in most public health facilities in Zambia that provide family planning.
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Training Resource for Male Condoms
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision In-Service Communication Best Practices Guide
- Quick Guide to Vasectomy Counseling
- Comprehensive Condom Programming A guide for resource mobilization and country programming
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy Curriculum
- How to Create Successful Vasectomy Programs
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
March 25, 2019