Factors Impacting Use of Health Services by First-time/Young parents: A Formative Research Toolkit
This toolkit shares a study design and participatory tools for formative research exploring the factors influencing use (and non-use) of sexual and reproductive health services by FT/YPs and is intended to inform program design.
Data collection tools use participatory methodologies and include in-depth interview and focus group discussion guides. These resources facilitate a socio-ecological approach to research design that includes the perspectives of both first-time mothers and fathers, their families and communities, and the health system.
The toolkit includes the tools and guidance from formative research in Madagascar and Nigeria, including focus group discussion guides, interview guides, permission forms, and register review forms.
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Connect: Increasing Use of Pospartum Family Planning by First-Time Parents
- Lessons Learned from an Integrated Approach for Reaching First-time Young Parents in Nigeria
- Reaching the Youngest Moms and Dads: A Socio-Ecological View of Actors and Factors Influencing First-time Young Parents’ Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health Services in Madagascar
- Training Tools: Providing Family Planning and Reproductive Health to Young Married Women and First-Time Parents in West Africa
- Scaling-Up First-Time and Young Parent Access to Postpartum Family Planning: Could Small Shifts Change the Game?
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Evidence to Action (E2A) Project's First-Time Parent Framework
- Meeting the Sexual and Reproductive Health Needs of Young Married Women and First-time Parents Toolkit
- First Time Parents
- Reaching the Youngest Mothers to Save Lives
- Interventions to Reach Married Adolescents for Increased Contraceptive Use in Niger
- Reaching Young Women and First-Time Moms with Friendly, Lifesaving Services in Madagascar
- REAL Fathers Initiative
- Setting Newlyweds Up for Success: A Young Couple Talks Straight about Family Planning in Congo
June 10, 2020