Engaging Men and Boys: A Brief Summary of UNFPA Experience and Lessons Learned
This report aims to support the work of UNFPA and partners by presenting a background and rationale for engaging men and boys.
It illustrates a range of initiatives that have engaged men and boys for the promotion of gender equality as well as sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights. It presents a set of lessons learned in the areas of evidence and data on engaging men and boys; research, knowledge, and tools for working with men and boys; advocacy, network and partnership building; support at policy and institutional levels; as well as engaging men and boys at the community and individual levels.
More Male Engagement in Family Planning resources
- Essential Considerations for Engaging Men and Boys for Improved Family Planning Outcomes
- Global Sexual and Reproductive Health Service Package for Adolescent Men and Boys
- Men as Contraceptive Users and Family Planning Clients
- HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming: Innovative Approaches to Integrated Service Delivery
- Engaging Men and Boys in Family Planning: A Strategic Planning Guide
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Indicators Database: Male Engagement in Reproductive Health Programs
- Men as More than Partners: Increasing Men’s Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health Products and Services through SBCC
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC
- Reaching First-Time Parents and Young Married Women for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies in Burkina Faso
July 13, 2018