Engaging Men and Boys: A Brief Summary of UNFPA Experience and Lessons Learned
This report aims to support the work of UNFPA and partners by presenting a background and rationale for engaging men and boys.
It illustrates a range of initiatives that have engaged men and boys for the promotion of gender equality as well as sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights. It presents a set of lessons learned in the areas of evidence and data on engaging men and boys; research, knowledge, and tools for working with men and boys; advocacy, network and partnership building; support at policy and institutional levels; as well as engaging men and boys at the community and individual levels.
More Male Engagement in Family Planning resources
- Essential Considerations for Engaging Men and Boys for Improved Family Planning Outcomes
- Engaging Men and Boys in Family Planning: A Strategic Planning Guide
- Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality and Health Toolkit
- Global Sexual and Reproductive Health Service Package for Adolescent Men and Boys
- Three Lessons on Sparking Behavior Change through Interpersonal Communication
- Men as Contraceptive Users and Family Planning Clients
- Strengthening the USAID Zika Response: Experiences from the Zika Social and Behavior Change Working Group
- Rapid Knowledge, Practices and Coverage (KPC) Survey Gender Module
- DO ’s & DON’Ts for Engaging Men & Boys
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Success Stories of Satisfied Family Planning Users, Nepal
- Changing Experiences through Empathy – The Adventure Series
- Malaria Learning Briefs
- Revitalizing Underutilized Family Planning Methods Using Communications and Community Engagement to Stimulate Demand for the IUD in Guinea
- Transform/PHARE Male Engagement "Heat Map"
March 25, 2019