Desk Review of Programs Integrating Family Planning with Food Security and Nutrition
This report synthesizes learnings from 102 health and multisectoral programs, including a rich set of program examples and three case studies, to illustrate the various ways programs are integrating family planning with nutrition and food security interventions.
Findings from the review show that family planning and nutrition or food security interventions are primarily built into program design from the onset as part of a larger health package, especially maternal, newborn, and child health, integrated management of childhood illness, or food security and livelihood packages. Examples are provided of nutrition and family planning integration in health sector programs as well as nutrition, food security, and family planning integration in multisectoral programs. Examples are also provided on the wide range of community- and facility-based platforms and providers that are used for integrated service delivery.
Other lessons learned, promising practices for programming, and recommendations for USAID are also provided in the report and brief.
More Trending Topic Multisector Integrated Programs resources
- How Businesses Can Invest in Women and Realize Returns
- Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition and Family Planning (MIYCN-FP) Integration Toolkit
- MULTI-SBC: The Programmatic Aid for Multi-Sectoral Integration of SBC for FP Practitioners
- Integrating Family Planning into Other Development Sectors
- Multisectoral Integration of SBC Programming A High-Level Exploration of Integrating Family Planning with Other Development Sectors
- Biodiversity Results and Integrated Development Gains Enhanced Project (BRIDGE)
- Accelerating Behavior Change in Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture
- Healthy People, Healthy Ecosystems: A Manual on Integrating Health and Family Planning into Conservation Projects
- Social and Behaviour Change — Insights and Practice
- Social Franchising: Improving Quality and Expanding Contraceptive Choice in the Private Sector
- Integrating Family Planning into Development Food Security Activities: Formative Research with the Njira Project in Malawi
- Population, Health, and Environment Integration Programming Manual
- Wadata Project, Niger
- Livelihoods, Agriculture and Health Interventions in Action (LAHIA) Project
- Health of People and the Environment in the Lake Victoria Basin (HoPE-LVB)
November 24, 2019