Demand Creation and Advocacy for COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance and Uptake
As the introduction of effective COVID-19 vaccines is on the horizon, it is time to quickly expand SBC programs to address public acceptance of and generate demand for these critical public health tools.
This quick start guide was developed to support FHI 360 programs and their partners to design and implement demand creation and advocacy activities as part of national COVID-19 vaccine introduction efforts. This guide draws primarily on FHI 360’s experience designing and implementing SBC programs to promote uptake of health products and services, including vaccination services, but also borrows from other global tools, including those developed by the WHO and UNICEF.
This resource can be used by SBC practitioners as a step-by-step guide to take them from defining and understanding local SBC needs to implementing and adjusting activities to respond to changing conditions. Importantly, this resource is intended as a living document where additional design and implementation tools will be added (or removed), and adaptations made to ensure the guide and its component parts remain current and useful.
- Key Guidelines in Developing a Pre-Emptive COVID-19 Vaccination Uptake Promotion Strategy
- Guidance on Developing a National Deployment and Vaccination Plan for COVID-19 Vaccines
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Communication Handbook
- Long-Term Care Facility Toolkit: Preparing for COVID-19 Vaccination at Your Facility
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication
- What is the World Doing about COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance?
- Misunderstanding Vaccine Side Effects Poses a Problem for Uptake
- 5 Ways to Use Sensitivity When Writing About Vaccines
- Vaccine Confidence: A Global Analysis Exploring Volatility, Polarization, and Trust
- COVID-19 Vaccine Introduction Toolkit
January 12, 2021