Customer Segmentation Toolkit
Customer, or audience, segmentation allows organizations to divide a market into subsets of customers that have, or are perceived to have, common needs, interests, and priorities – then design and implement strategies targeted toward them.
This toolkit provides practical guidance on how to use segmentation to better serve the needs of your customers and improve customer experience overall. Despite increases in access, there are still poor households that don’t have access to a full range of financial services. Segmentation unlocks opportunities for innovation that can offer value to both customers and providers.
It is designed for:
- Organizations with a strong interest in or a mandate to serve low-income and mass-market customers
- Financial service providers with business challenges that may be addressed by a more nuanced understanding of their customers
- A wide range of senior leadership, mid-level managers, researchers, and analysts interested in customer segmentation. It provides summaries, tools, links, and other details
- Barrier Analysis Questionnaires
- Design Kit for Human-Centered Design
- The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design
- What is Human-Centered Design?
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Provider Behavior Change Implementation Kit
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Participatory Action Research for the Development of a National Avian Communication Strategy: A Field Guide
- Essential Considerations for Engaging Men and Boys for Improved Family Planning Outcomes
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
March 13, 2018