Critical Observations on and Suggested Ways Forward for Healthcare Communication during COVID-19: pEACH Position Paper
This is a position paper that presents observations relating to policy and practice in communication in healthcare related to COVID-19. The authors state that communication in healthcare and COVID-19 have a mutually influential relationship that is informed by policy and has influenced practice. The fast pace at which policies have been developed for and practice has adapted to COVID-19 necessitates critical reflection.
Evidence-based guidance for communication in healthcare in COVID-19 is central to shaping approaches to public health communication. Evidence-based guidance is also necessary for the challenges faced in communicating with patients, their families, and carers during COVID-19.
This paper provides a summary of the key areas for development in communication in healthcare during COVID-19. It offers recommendations for improvement and a call to review policies and practice to build resilience and inclusive and equitable responsiveness in communication in healthcare.
- Building Resilient Societies after COVID-19: The Case for Investing in Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health
- Rights in the Time of COVID-19: Lessons from HIV for an effective, community-led response
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- KAP COVID: Exploring Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices for COVID-19 Prevention
- WHO Simulation Exercise Manual
- Physical Distancing, Face Masks, and Eye Protection for Prevention of COVID-19
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Vaccine Confidence: A Global Analysis Exploring Volatility, Polarization, and Trust
- Active Case Finding with Case Management: the Key to Tackling the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Kenya- Knowledge Sharing Tracker
- COVID-19 Vaccine Communication Strategy, India
- Postpartum Family Planning in Bangladesh A Situation Analysis and Way Forward
- COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor
- Atelier d’évaluation et de ré-planification du plan d’action opérationnel intégré de la communication de risque 2020
February 17, 2021