COVID on the Breadline
What does COVID-19 mean for the three quarters of a billion of the world’s inhabitants who live below the poverty line?
Will they be hit harder by the pandemic – or by the measures in place designed to slow its spread? What will it mean for the children of the world’s poor, five million of whom die every year before they reach their fifth birthday? Are there alternatives to slow the virus which will not push so many people in to further poverty and misery? This film brings the views of those living on the breadline, as well as researchers and doctors who work with them.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- COVID-19 Exposes the Harsh Realities of Gender Inequality in Slums
- Guidance for the Homeless
- How to Tackle Coronavirus in Slums
- COVID-19: How to Include Marginalized and Vulnerable People in Risk Communication and Community Engagement
- Priorities for the Global COVID-19 Response
- Visualizing the History of Pandemics
- MEDBOX Rapid Response Toolbox for Coronavirus
- Technical Brief: Socially Marginalized Groups and COVID-19
- WHO Tool for Behavioural Insights on COVID-19
- Coronavirus Outbreak Knowledge Hub
July 21, 2020