COVID-19 House to House Community Outreach Protocol
This protocol provides guidance to CGP-GHS Project staff on how to ensure the health and safety of community health volunteers (CHVs) and the unintentional spread of COVID-19 in the community. The need to conduct community-based surveillance and health promotion needs to be weighed against the risk of endangering either CHVs or community members while conducting house-to-house surveillance and health education and promotion activities.
This protocol is the current position of CGP-GHS Project regarding community outreach activities in the context of COVID-19. The epidemiology of the outbreak remains unclear, and therefore the global community is relying on standard outbreak response protocol to disrupt transmission of COVID-19. Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) is cross-cutting in all areas of outbreak response but is primarily the tool to inform the public on risk and prevention measures. One of the most effective ways to communicate risk and the behavior changes that are required to prevent disease is through health education and promotion at the household level.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- Community-based Health Care, including Outreach and Campaigns,in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Identifying & Mitigating Gender-based Violence Risks within the COVID-19 Response
- Home-Based Care Reference Guide for COVID-19
- ETC Guidance on the Provision of Digital Communication Technologies in COVID-19 operations
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- Considerations and Principles for Shielding People at High Risk of Severe Outcomes from COVID-19
- Preventing Violence Against Women During the COVID-19 Pandemic
April 30, 2020