COVID-19 Communication Handbook 2020: How to Design Behaviourally-informed Communication
This handbook is designed for policy makers, communication practitioners, and development and humanitarian agencies to think through how risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) can be conducted effectively using behavioral insights during the current pandemic.
The handbook provides practical guidance on how to use behaviorally-informed insights to design effective communication to address the rapid behavior change needed during COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- Practice Guide: Behaviour Change Communication during Crisis
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19: Simple Answers to Top Questions Risk Communication Field Guide Questions and Key Messages
- 14 Actions You Can Take Today to Adapt your Program for COVID-19: Recommendations from FP/RH Advisors
- ETC Guidance on the Provision of Digital Communication Technologies in COVID-19 operations
- Communication Related Behavioural Insights for COVID-19
- Message Toolkit Version 1- Risk Communication for COVID-19
- Message Toolkit (Version 2)- Risk Communication for COVID-19
- Key Messages: COVID-19 and Primary Health Care
July 28, 2020